On May 25, 2021, a meeting of the Academic Council of Odessa National Medical University was held under the chairmanship of the Rector, Academician Valerii Zaporozhan. It was held in a mixed format in compliance with all the requirements of the quarantine regime.
A lot of issues were on the agenda. The meeting began with the congratulations of the jubilees:
– Head of the Department of Surgery № 2, Honored Laureate in Science and Technology of Ukraine, Professor Borys Serhiyovych Zaporozhchenko;
– Head of the Department of General Practice, Professor Olena Voloshyna;
– Head of the Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Professor Lebediuk Mykhailo Mykolayovych.
The members of the Academic Council also congratulated some employees on receiving honorary titles and awards, and presented certificates and diplomas.
Given many years of conscientious and fruitful work, significant contribution to the training of medical and scientific-pedagogical staff, in the development of significant issues of medical science and public health of Ukraine, as well as active participation in the fight against Covid-19, it was unanimously decided to apply to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for awarding the Honorary Certificate of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine:
– Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases of ONMedU, Doctor of Medicine, Professor Chaban Tetiana Volodymyrivna,
– Oleksiy Eduardovych Rymashevskii, Head of the Resuscitation Department of the Multidisciplinary Medical Center of ONMedU,
– Nurse of the Department of Anesthesiology with Intensive Care Units of the Multidisciplinary Medical Center of ONMedU Voroshilova Tatiana Vladimirovna,
– X-ray laboratory assistant of the Department of Functional, Ultrasound, Radiation and Endoscopic Diagnostics of the Center for Reconstructive and Reconstructive Medicine (University Clinic) of ONMedU Terzeman Halyna Vasylivna,
– Olena Mykolayivna Makarova, a senior nurse of the ophthalmology department № 3 of the Multidisciplinary Medical Center of ONMedU,
– junior nurse of the ophthalmology department № 3 of the Multidisciplinary Medical Center of ONMedU Valentyna Ivanivna Kornetsova,
– ward nurse of the ophthalmology department № 2 of the Multidisciplinary Medical Center of ONMedU Natalia Pavlivna Shulyanska,
– nurse of the surgical office of the polyclinic-consultative department of the Center for Reconstructive and Reconstructive Medicine (University Clinic) of ONMedU Malykhina Lyubov Mykolayivna.
Fomina Tetiana Hryhorivna , an obstetrician-gynecologist of the polyclinic-consultative department of the Center for Reconstructive and Reconstructive Medicine (University Clinic) of ONMedU, was recommended to be awarded with the Gratitude of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Professor S.A. Schneider reported on the first question. He told about the main directions of work of all the departments of dental profile, their achievements and plans.
Regarding the prospects for the development of the faculty of dentistry of Odessa National Medical University, it is the improvement and expansion of the range of educational programs; initiating further improvement of the regulatory framework; maximum use of the potential of educational opportunities and strengthening of interaction with other departments of the Medical University; wide introduction of information and communication technologies in the system of postgraduate education.
Professor S.A. Schneider’s speech was supplemented by the Chairman of the Academic Council V.M. Zaporozhan, who emphasised that ONMedU is the only medical university where the faculty of dentistry has a training base – the State Institution “Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine.” It is very important for the educational process of future dentists, but it is necessary to develop other areas that are related to stimulating training. Simulation classes should be in all departments of the faculty of dentistry. It is necessary to develop a postgraduate education program so that it is possible to receive doctors from all over Ukraine on their bases.
The Academic Council heard and discussed the report of the Chairman of the Medical Council, Professor A.S. Son, who spoke about the achievements and prospects of the University Clinic. A number of reorganizations and some innovations will be carried out. For example, the divisions of the University Pharmacy in the medical centers of ONMedU will start working. Given the current economic need, almost all clinical departments will be located in University clinics. Therefore, we must pay attention to the saturation of departments with the latest equipment. “Every day new inventions appear in the world, so we have to get new equipment, otherwise we will not be able to help people at a high level, and I ask the heads of departments to think about what needs to be changed to make the departments work better,” chairman of the Academic Council V.M. Zaporozhan added.
The readiness of the university faculties for the state certification of graduates was analyzed by the acting Vice-Rector for Scientific and Pedagogical Work, Professor I.P. Shmakova. She proved that the readiness of the final certification was carried out in full.
At the meeting of the Academic Council some Regulations were approved : on the University Pharmacy, on the department and clinical department, on the educational department, on the educational and methodical department, on procurement, on the assessment of employees.
The Concept for the renovation of the sports and recreation camp Medik was also approved.
In conclusion, the Chairman of the Academic Council, Academician V.M. Zaporozhan, once again emphasised that the meeting of the Academic Council face to face is more productive than the online mode because such meetings give the feeling that we are one family and that we have the same tasks. Now the university is being accredited and we are preparing for exams. Once again, please carefully follow all the recommendations of the inspectors and spend the last month of the academic year productively.