Step-by-step guide for international admissions
Thoroughly work over of the letter that confirms your admission to the Odessa National Medical University! Example of correct “Admission confirmation letter” from ONMedU is represented below:
Examples of invalid documents is represented below :
Information on entering ONMedU
To receive an invitation a foreigner has to submit copies of the following documents to the educational institution in paper or electronic format to the e-mail of the international admission board ([email protected]):
1) a passport document of the foreigner with a translation into the Ukrainian language;
2) a document on the access qualification received with marks (points) for disciplines or an academic reference with translation into the Ukrainian language;
3) written consent for the processing of personal data.
The admission commission operates from 20.01.2022 to 01.03.2022 and from 01.07.2022 to 30.11.2022 inclusive. For obtaining a Master’s degree admission is carried out on the results of consideration of the documents submitted to the admissions commission and entrance exams in Biology, Chemistry and Language of studying. Entrance exams programs are published on the official website of the University.
Foreigners go to the Preparatory Department whole year to study the Ukrainian language and to get prepared for an entrance exam in Biology and Chemistry.
For studying in Clinical Residency, PhD or doctoral studies – admission is based on the results of consideration of the submitted documents on the access qualification and entrance examinations in certain subjects and the language of studying.
To enter the educational institution, the foreigner personally submits an application form in paper form to the admission commission.
To the application, foreign citizens add:
1) a document (the original and a copy) of the previously acquired education (educational qualification) level, on the basis of which the enrollment is carried out;
2) supplement (the original and a copy) to the document of the previously acquired education (educational qualification) level, on the basis of which enrollment is carried out (if any);
3) an academic certificate issued by a foreign / Ukrainian institution (in case of transfer or renewal for education, starting from the second year, an academic certificate is added)
4) the original and a copy of the document, which contains information on the content of the curriculum of the previous level (stage) of higher education, credits obtained, duration of the training and the record of academic achievement in the academic disciplines in case of entrance the master’s degree or postgraduate course;
5) a copy of the passport of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person;
6) a health insurance policy, an insurance policy unless otherwise is provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
7) 8 photographs sized 30 x 40 mm;
8) a copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if any);
9) Research proposal on the chosen scientific specialty or a list of published scientific works and published inventions in the Ukrainian or English languages certified by the established procedure at the place of work / training of the candidate are additionally provided on admission to the postgraduate study.
To be admitted to the doctoral program, you will be additionally required to provide in Ukrainian or in English:
– thematic plan of dissertation work for obtaining a scientific degree of the doctor of sciences;
– a copy of the diploma on the proper access qualification level.
The documents specified in subparagraphs 1-5 of this paragraph must be translated into Ukrainian with the notarization of the translation.
The documents specified in subparagraphs 1 to 4 of this paragraph have to be certified in the country of their issue in the manner that is officially applied in that country for such certification and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine.
Payment for educational services provided by ONMedU to foreigners is carried out according to an individual contract, which each foreigner concludes with the university personally.
Documents on education of the enrolled foreigners issued by educational institutions of other countries are recognized in Ukraine in accordance with the legislation.
According to the results of the recognition procedure, the educational institution makes a decision regarding the continuation of the foreigner’s studying if the level of their access qualification is recognized to be admissible, otherwise the foreigner will be dismissed.
In case of non-authentication of the submitted document on the acquired educational level, the educational institution dismisses such a foreigner.
The procedure for organizing admission of foreigners and stateless persons to ONMedU
Dean of the International Faculty, PhD, associate professor Buryachkivsky Eduard Stanislavovich
Work time: Monday–Friday 9 a.m.– 5 p.m. (Kyiv time)
Phone: +38 (048) 717-89-25
Address: room #1, Olgiivska Str. 13, Odessa, 65026, Ukraine
Secretary of the Admission committee Golovchuk Valentina Timofeevna
Phone: +38 (048) 731-70-47
e-mail: [email protected]
Address: First floor, admission board, 65026, 13 st. Olgiivska, Odessa, Ukraine