23rd of December 2018 year, volounteers of the medical faculties of OnMedU visited the First Aid workshop given by the Partnership of the Ukrainian Red Cross.
13 activists received base skills of first aid, which included:
-first aid for emergency conditions: asphyxia, thermal shock, high temperature and low temperature effect (frostbites and burns);
– head injuries: closed craniocerebral injury;
– chest injuries: pneumothorax, hemothorax;
– injuries of the abdomen: penentration of the intestinal loops and internal organs;
– injuries : fractures, dislocations;
– hemorrhages, their types and methods of their control ;
– heart-lung reanimation.
Student’s self-government hopes this new step in university’s co-working with Partnership of the Ukrainian Red Cross will become a nice opportunity for organising First Aid workshops for students of 1-3 years of the Odessa National Medical University.