Appeal to graduates
According to experts, only 10-15% of domestic universities graduates want to participate in the life of the university after graduation. It is possible to increase this share, but this requires a change in attitudes towards the status of higher education institutions. When they will be perceived not only as providers of educational services by our society, but first of all as prestigious, even elitist communities that determine the way of thinking of their students, and hence the future of socio-economic development of the country.
Our university is one of the oldest universities in Ukraine. It takes leading positions in the ranking of higher education institutions in our country. For more than a century, the glorious graduates of the university have served the people, science and the country. The leaders of medical and pedagogical science, social and state-level activities are among them.
We are proud of our university, where the world-famous school of pathologists, therapeutic and ophthalmological schools were born, future outstanding scientists and doctors sat at these desks.
As a part of the implementation of the Perspective Plan for the Development of ONMedU International Cooperation, we strive to establish and maintain regular contacts with foreign citizens – graduates of our university, including those who continue to work and hold official positions in education and health systems of their countries. Cooperation with them in the format of the International Association of ONMedU Alumni will help to expand international partnerships and promote the interests of our university at the international level.
We invite you to take an active part in the life of the university in order to promote its development, increase the rating and competitiveness.
We invite those of you whose destiny and career have developed thanks to ONMedU, those who are proud to have lived and studied in Odessa, namely in such a glorious university; those who want to give a decent education to their children – to join ONMedU International Alumni Association!
Hurry up to join ONMedU Alumni Team!
What are the advantages of the status of the ONMedU Alumni Association member?
Who can join the Association?
You can choose one of the following membership opportunities in the Association and become:
Goals and objectives
Non-governmental organization “International Alumni Association of Odessa National Medical University”, hereinafter “Association”, is a public organization created by individuals on the basis of the unity of their interests in order to jointly achieve their goals and objectives.
The main purpose of the Association is to increase the international rating of ONMedU.
The goals of the Association:
– creation of conditions for educational, scientific, cultural and professional communication of graduates, students and teachers of ONMedU;
– assistance in the implementation of educational, scientific, socio-economic and production projects for strategic development of ONMedU.
The objectives of the Association are:
– to promote the prestige growth of ONMedU as one of the leading educational institutions of Ukraine and the European community of universities by creating and developing an authoritative permanent public organization of graduates;
– to promote the professional growth of ONMedU graduates, to create conditions for their more comprehensive self-realization in scientific, professional, educational, cultural and other activities; create conditions for communication between graduates, students and teachers of the university, providing information exchange among graduates;
– to preserve and multiply eternal spiritual values which should become a guideline for securing continuity in the traditions of future generations of ONMedU graduates;
– to promote the improvement of the content of education, the quality and efficiency of training, strengthening the ties and relations of ONMedU with the other medical educational institutions of Ukraine and foreign countries;
– to establish partnerships and relations of the Association with the medical institutions, public associations, international organizations of Ukraine and foreign countries.
Membership in the Association
The Association is a voluntary organization that unites graduates, students, staff of the Odessa National Medical University (hereinafter – the Alumni Association) to achieve the goals and objectives mentioned on this website.
The Association is created and must function in accordance with the Constitution and current legislation of Ukraine, the legislation of the countries whose territories the Association expands its activities in, as well as in accordance with the “Regulations” (in progress).
The Association is created and should function on the basis of voluntariness, equality of its members, self-government, legality and transparency.
The Association is not a for-profit organization and does not aim to make a profit.
The Association will be managed by a Board headed by the Chairman. The association must develop and use its own symbols.
MEMBERSHIP IN THE ASSOCIATION. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ITS MEMBERS
Either citizens who graduated from the University or students and staff of ONMedU who support its activities, recognize and comply with the requirements of the Regulations (in progress) can be the members of the Association.
Both citizens of Ukraine and the foreign citizens who recognize the Regulations of the Association (in progress) can be the members of this Association. Members of the Association are admitted according to a personal application.
Admission and expulsion from the members of the Association is carried out on the basis of the decision (resolution) of the Board. The registration of members and their database is organized and maintained by the Board.
A member of the Association may voluntarily withdraw from the Association in the same manner as when joining it.
Members of the Association have the right to:
– elect and to be elected to the governing bodies of the Association;
– participate in the activities of the Association;
– take part in conferences concerning the questions of activity of Association and its tasks realization;
– make proposals and projects to all bodies of the Association on issues related to its activities, to take part in the discussion of issues both before and after decision-making;
– receive any information about the Association activities;
– represent the interests of the Association, to use the symbols of the Association;
– publish their works in the publications founded by the Association, to receive recommendations and reviews of the Association;
– voluntarily leave the Association.
Members of the Association are obliged to:
– knowingly comply with the requirements of the Regulations (in progress), to implement decisions, orders and resolutions of the governing bodies of the Association, which do not contradict the Regulations of the Association and current legislation;
– fulfill its obligations to the Association;
– adhere to the basic rules of integrity;
– take part actively in the implementation of the tasks of the Association;
– to strengthen the authority of the Association by its activities.
We invite everyone to join the “family” of ONMedU alumni!
Any suggestions, questions or comments regarding future activity, statute, goals and objectives of “INTERNATIONAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERCITY”
will be highly appreciated. Please write to our e-mail address: [email protected] .
We’re always open for any feedback!